The sheer number of options out there makes going through thousands of reviews extremely frustrating. Look over the reviews, then make an informed purchasing decision based on this ultimate guide.
10 Best z wave outdoor sensor Reviews in 2022
1. Zooz Z-Wave Plus S2 Outdoor Motion Sensor ZSE29
- OUTDOOR SENSOR: Introducing the first Z-Wave motion detector created for outdoor use. Monitor activity remotely through your Z-Wave hub (required, sold separately) and automate outdoor lighting based on motion. Keep away from direct rainfall and sunlight.
- EASY TO INSTALL: Add it to your system quickly through auto-inclusion and mount it in minutes with just a couple of screws. Power it with batteries (included) or micro USB (cable + adapter sold separately). Program motion time-out and light level trigger by turning the knobs right on the sensor. New version (2.0) comes with advanced settings for motion sensitivity and lux reports if supported by your hub. Motion detection up to 20 feet.
- COMPATIBILITY: The sensor works great on HomeSeer, Hubitat, Fibaro, and Vera. Custom device handler needed for SmartThings (go to Zooz support portal or contact seller for instructions). Does NOT work with Wink, Ring, ADT, or other Z-Wave alarm panels. Alexa is NOT a Z-Wave hub (the sensor won’t work directly with Echo).
- SECURITY: Equipped with the latest authenticated S2 security protocol for encrypted signal and hacker-proof smart home (NOTE: your Z-Wave hub needs to support S2 for this feature to work). Tamper protection and low battery alerts for your peace of mind.
- SUPPORT: Questions or issues? Zooz has fast and responsive US-based support to help you with set-up, functionality, and automation routines. Just ask!
Additional Info :
2. Z-wave Plus Rare Earth Magnets Door & Window Sensor, White & Brown (DWZWAVE2.5-ECO)
- COMPATIBILITY: The Ecolink Door/Window is manufacturer tested to be compatible with the following ZWAVE Plus Home Automation HUBs or controllers: Samsung SmartThings Certified, V1, V2, V3. Vera Plus, Vera Edge, Vera Lite. Homeseer. Dlink staples connect. While it may work with your ZWAVE hub, Ecolink cannot guarantee it.
- SIMPLE TO INSTALL: Easy installation by simply pulling the battery Tab to begin the Learning process. Natively compatible with SmartThings, it works with most brands of ZWAVE home security hubs. Features industry leading rare earth magnets that allow for up to a 5/8 inch sensor to magnet gap. Perfect for most door or window applications.
- WHITE or BROWN housings INCLUDED: Both White or Brown plastic housing choice included to match any décor.
- 3 YEARS BATTERY LIFE: Tamper sensing Premium design outlasts the competition and boasts a battery Life of up to 3 years.
- Ecolink is a leading developer of low power, highly reliable wireless solutions, including a wide range of intelligent wireless security, sensing or home automation devices.
Additional Info :
|Color||White and Brown|
3. HomeSeer HS-FLS100 Z-Wave Plus Floodlight Sensor (GEN 2)
- AUTOMATIC AND REMOTE CONTROL: Controls floodlights automtically when motion is sensed or remotely with Z-Wave commands.
- MULTIPLE SENSORS: Built-in motion, temperature and light (LUX) level sensors report back to the hub.
- EASY TO INSTALL: Works with standard floodlight fixtures and 120v incandescent & LED flood light bulbs.
- COMPATIBILITY: Works with most Z-Wave hubs. Device handler avaialble for SmartThings new app users.
- LATEST TECH: Includes Z-Wave Plus technology and S2 encryption for best performance and security.
Additional Info :
4. Zooz 700 Series Z-Wave Plus 4-in-1 Sensor ZSE40 (Motion / Light / Temperature / Humidity)
- 4 SMART SENSORS IN 1: This compact device detects and reports motion, temperature, humidity, and light level to your smart home app. Compatible Z-Wave hub required, sold separately.
- NEW 700 SERIES VERSION: The included CR123A battery makes the sensor lasts much longer than any previous version. Updated motion detection allows you to get even quicker activity reports. New Z-Wave chip for better performance.
- CUSTOMIZE IT: Choose from 7 levels of motion sensitivity, adjust the motion clear delay time, and pick from 3 different LED indicator modes (your hub needs to support advanced parameter input).
- SECURITY FIRST: This sensor is equipped with the latest S2 authenticated security and signal encryption. It’s Z-Wave Plus 2 certified to ensure it complies with the highest industry standards. Supports SmartStart inclusion with a unique identifying PIN and QR code.
- WILL IT WORK WITH MY HUB? This sensor is NOT supported by Wink, Vivint, ADT Pulse, Qolsys, or other Z-Wave alarm panels. It will work great with open systems like Hubitat, HomeSeer, Home Assistant, and compatible with SmartThings Hub.
Additional Info :
5. Zooz Z-Wave Plus S2 Motion Sensor ZSE18 with Magnetic Mount, Works with Vera and SmartThings
- EXTRA FEATURES: Adjustable motion sensitivity and retrigger time. Built-in Z-Wave range test tool for easier network troubleshooting. Vibration reports on SmartThings and other selected gateways.
- 2 POWER SOURCES: Runs on a single battery for up to a year (depending on traffic and settings) OR on micro USB cable (NOT INCLUDED). Acts as signal extender when connected to USB.
- FLEXIBLE DESIGN: Extremely small and light, the sensor sits in a perfectly shaped magnetic mounting base for precise and firm positioning.
- CERTIFIED SECURE: Uses the latest S2 Z-Wave protocol and AES-128 signal encryption. Z-Wave Plus chip for longer range and increased battery life.
6. Ecolink Z-Wave PIR Motion Detector Pet Immune, White (PIRZWAVE2.5-ECO)
- COMPATIBILITY: Natively compatible with SmartThings, it works with most brands of Z-Wave home security hubs like Vera Plus, Vera Edge, Vera Lite, HomeSeer, D-link staples connect and Piper NV.
- HOME SECURITY and AUTOMATION: Detect motion of intruders for security, as well as trigger alerts to your home hub.
- PET IMMUNE: 55 pound pet immunity – eliminate false alarms from pets
- INSTALLATION: Easy installation, not tools required, corner or flush mounting
- BATTERY LIFE: Up to 5 year battery life
Additional Info :
7. FIBARO Motion Sensor Z-Wave Plus Multisensor-Movement, Temperature, Light Intensity, Accelerometer, FGMS-001, doesn’t work with HomeKit
- All you need: dependable motion alerts, quick light reports, real-time temperature readings, and vibration notifications sent straight to your z-wave hub. Use them to automatically trigger smart lighting, security sirens, or your connected thermostat.
- And more: all data is transmitted to your system using encrypted signals, protected by tamper alerts. With the multifunctional led, you can access temperature readings and test your z-wave signal straight from the device. Plus you get over 20 advanced settings to customize the sensor and make it your own!
- Hub required: this sensor will work beautifully with any open z-wave system like smart things, Vera, nexia, home center lite, or home seer. It is not supported by wink or alarm panels ( pulse, alarm, and others). this is the z-wave version, not for apple home kit.
- Ultra small: install the smallest 4-in-1 sensor anywhere without ruining the view. It attaches to any flat surface with a single screw or a piece of adhesive (both included). hide it well or show it off using the flexible mounting bracket and customizable led indicator.
- You’re covered: this is a z-wave plus certified and ul listed device created and built in Europe from quality materials. Support portal and documentation are available on the Fibaro website so if you ever need help, just ask!
Additional Info :
|Color||doesn’t work with HomeKit|
8. Sensative Z-Wave Plus Indoor/Outdoor Flood Prevention and Water Sensor Strips Drip, Works with SmartThings
- Ultra-thin Z-Wave Plus sensor notifies you when water leaks or freezing temperatures are detected
- Included temperature and light sensors monitor ambient temperature and light
- Communicates with Z-Wave devices up to 131 feet (40 meters)
- Compatible with most Z-Wave controllers, plus Ring, Raspberry Pi and more
- Up to 10 years battery life
9. Enbrighten Z-Wave Plus Smart Motion Sensor Light Switch, On/Off, Vacancy / Occupancy Sensor, Includes White and Lt. Almond, Zwave Hub Required, Works with SmartThings, Wink, and Alexa, 26931
- VOICE CONTROL – ALEXA & GOOGLE ASSISTANT COMPATIBLE (requires a Z-Wave certified hub). Works with the following Z-Wave certified hubs: SmartThings, Ring Alarm, Wink, ADT Pulse, ADT Command, Trane, Vivint, Nexia, Honeywell, Home Seer, Harmony Home Hub Extender, Vera and more.
- SELECTABLE MOTION CONTROL – Personalize the switch with three motion-detection options – occupancy, vacancy and manual. Occupancy mode turns lights ON/OFF automatically, while lights are turned on manually and off automatically in the vacancy setting. To deactivate the motion sensor, select manual operation. With five time-out duration options ranging from five seconds to 30 minutes and up to 180-degree detection coverage, the switch accommodates any room with varying amounts of activity. Additionally, enjoy custom scenes, versatile scheduling and convenient alerts with remote operation and voice control when connected to a compatible hub.
- 3-WAY READY – The smart device operates perfectly on its own or seamlessly integrates into multi-switch setups with required add-on switches – models 12723, 12728, 46199 or 46200. Up to four add-on switches can be connected to the same device.Voltage:120 volt
- FULL-HOME COVERAGE – Z-Wave Plus works with all previous Z-Wave generations to allow continued expansion of your home-automation network. The switch is capable of controlling indoor or outdoor fixtures for whole-home automation and repeats your Z-Wave signal from your hub or other devices to extend your range by up to 150ft. Extended signal range increases your home automation coverage to enhance your control.
- EASY INSTALLATION – Requires indoor in-wall installation with hardwired connections. NEUTRAL WIRE REQUIRED. Includes white and light almond cover buttons (wall plate not included). Works with all LED, CFL, incandescent and halogen bulbs as well as other devices. Operating temperature range 32-104 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Please refer user guide below for better use
Additional Info :
|Color||White & Light Almond|
10. Kasa Smart Light Switch HS200, Single Pole, Needs Neutral Wire, 2.4GHz Wi-Fi Light Switch Works with Alexa and Google Home, UL Certified, No Hub Required , White
- Easy guided install: Neutral wire is required, standard wall plate size. No need to understand complex switch wiring or master vs auxiliary switch configurations; The Kasa app guides you through easy step by step installation. Need 2.4GHz Wi-Fi connection
- Control from anywhere: Monitor your light status. Turn electronics on and off from anywhere with your smartphone using the Kasa app, whether you are at home, in the office or on vacation
- Voice control: Enjoy the hands-free convenience of controlling the lights in your home with your voice via Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant; perfect for times when your hands are full or entering a dark room
- Scheduling: Use timer or countdown schedules to set your smart switch to automatically turn on and off while you’re home or away. Enable ‘away mode’ to randomly switch on and off to trick potential intruders
- Trusted and reliable: Designed and developed in silicon valley, Kasa is trusted by over 4 million users. UL certified for safety use.
Additional Info :
How To Choose The z wave outdoor sensor
Is finding an excellent z wave outdoor sensor a stressful experience? Have you ever been unsure what model to buy when considering the purchase of z wave outdoor sensor in general?
Knowing you’re not alone is sometimes all you need. There are many people who have difficulty finding the perfect z wave outdoor sensor for themselves. This is why we are here to help!
You have obviously come to this page to learn more about Cheap z wave outdoor sensor Reviews. There is a lot of information out there, so to make an informed decision, find a reputable source with a variety of options before committing.
The information you seek can come from many sources – buying guides, ratings websites, word-of-mouth recommendations, online forums where users give their personal experiences, independent product reviews found throughout the internet, and even YouTube channels. The best products can only be found through thorough research.
Right? But isn’t it not always easy to do that? Therefore, we have taken the time to compile a list of the top z wave outdoor sensor products on the market, for your benefit, so that you don’t need to worry.
What led us to compile this list? Why did we make this buying guide?
- Firstly, we used our algorithms to gather the information about the products that were available from reliable sources.
- To validate all collected information, both Artificial Intelligence and large data volumes were used.
Our artificial intelligence then evaluated them based on quality-to-price ratios using industry-standard criteria to find the z wave outdoor sensor on the market!
We don’t choose the products at random. Before assembling a list, we take into account several factors. Following are some of the factors we consider:
If you purchase an unreliable brand just because it is cheap, what will happen? The likelihood of getting an unreliable product increases. The renowned brands are more concerned about maintaining their reputations, while others are not.
The z wave outdoor sensor brands are known for their unique features that distinguish them from the competition. We hope, therefore, that there is a product in our list that will meet your needs.
A few useful features are all that you need. In choosing the top z wave outdoor sensor, we look at the features that really matter.
Quantitative measures of quality are always easy to make when you have numbers at your disposal. As a company, we are striving to find products that exceed the standard, but with the z wave outdoor sensor right balance.
Customers who have used the [REPLACE_KEYWORD] before you won’t accuse you of wrongdoing, will they? A good number of people will be pleased with the service, if you have better ratings.
A customer review gives you authentic and reliable information about z wave outdoor sensor, coming from real people who have used it.
That’s very interesting, now isn’t it? It’s not just about having a good z wave outdoor sensor, you also have to offer a popular, growing product. Both objectives are met.
It is clear that the product is successful based on its increasing user base. Because of that growing number, the manufacturers should be able to provide better after-sales service and quality.
Value For The Money:
There is a saying about getting what you pay for. The cheapest thing is never the best. Consequently, spending a lot of money on a product that has no real value is also not a good idea. Putting your z wave outdoor sensor on the list involves evaluating what you get for the money you spend.
Reliability and durability are closely related. With a robust and durable z wave outdoor sensor, you’ll be able to use it for many months to come.
A new product replaces an old product every now and then. It probably has some new features, it may have been modified somehow.
Supposedly good products such as z wave outdoor sensor no longer exist because the manufacturer will no longer support them? As much as possible, we try to present products from a handful of trustworthy sellers, if not more.
That’s also something we consider! Products that received mainly negative ratings are discarded from our top rated z wave outdoor sensor list.
#1. Why choose this type of z wave outdoor sensor?
Because z wave outdoor sensor vary drastically in size, knowing what will fit comfortably on to use it. If you are in need of a z wave outdoor sensor that provides high quality support. However, you may decide you don’t need one so high.
#2. How Much Should I Spend on a z wave outdoor sensor?
Ideally, a z wave outdoor sensor is going to live with you for years. Paying more for your product will reward you every time you fast open the lid with increased your speed, better quality accuracy and a sweet view. Again, the average cost of a new z wave outdoor sensor is between $$ and $$$. Sure, you get out on some luxury features.
We chose our best z wave outdoor sensor based on these criteria. Is this all there is to it? Of course not! Our website is constantly updated to provide you with the most up-to-date and relevant information.
We have a final layer of filtering because we place reader satisfaction at the top of our list. Thank you for your support! We’d appreciate your feedback or correction if any z wave outdoor sensor mentioned here is incorrect, out of date, outdated, irrelevant, or otherwise inappropriate. We welcome your comments and will make frequent corrections to our list based on your reasonable suggestions.