It is quite a common phenomenon to be confused over which is the fret crowning tool to buy. This dilemma arises due to the existence of various types of fret crowning tools that are present in the market. To reduce your conundrum, we have prepared a comprehensive guide of how you may pick the best fret crowning tools available in the market.
Disclaimer: We are using Amazon affiliate Product Advertising API to fetch products from Amazon, include: price, content, image, logo, brand, feature of products which are trademarks of Amazon.com. So, when you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.. Read more.
Our Recommended 10 Best fret crowning tool in 2022
1. Buytra Guitar Fret Crowning File Tool Dressing File with Narrow/Medium/Wide 3 Edges Guitar Repairing & Luthier Tools
- QUALITY FRET CROWNING FILE – the guitar fret file is constructed with heavy duty stainless steel for durability; a layer of rubber wrapped on the end for comforable grip
- 3 EDGES OF DIFFERENT SIZES – the crowning file is equiped with narrow, medium and wide groove, fits most fret specification, 3 corner file, very convenient to use
- COMPATIBALE With- Not only suitable for crowning guitar fret, but for electric guitar, acoustic guitar ,bass, Ukulele etc; a nice simple way for crowning frets if they are worn
- MEASUREMENTS – the fret crowning measures approx 19.5cm/7.68″ in total length, the sliver file part approx 8.5cm/3.35″long and the black rubber part approx 11cm/4.33″; weighs approx 135g
- A MUST HAVE- this dressing file is a very handy tool to make your fretwork more effective and time-saving effort, a great addition to your guitar maintainence kit; good gift for guitar players
Additional Info :
|Color||Guitar Fret Crowning File|
2. FretGuru Guitar Fret Crowning File – Dual Sided Dagger 2.0 Professional Luthier Tool for Electric, Acoustic and Bass Guitars – MD, LG, XL Frets
- Faster Cut, Smoother Finish – The Dagger’s exclusive D.I.A. (Dual Integrated Arc) design gives you greater cutting control, perfect fret centerlines and a finer fret finish. It’s sharp enough to quickly bring the sides of the fret up to a clearly defined center, without worrying about accidentally taking too much off the top. Some of our customers have even called it foolproof.
- Prevent Damage to Your Frets and Fretboard – with the Dagger’s exclusive smooth beveled, contoured edges. The angled cutting surfaces and ergonomic handle are balanced and comfortable, helping to reduce hand fatigue, and also preventing damage to your guitar body by allowing maximum file and finger clearance over the guitar body, switches and pots as you move up your guitar neck. In most cases there’s no need to mask off your fingerboard.
- Avoid School Bus Roof Shaped Frets and Their Tone Destroying Effects – Precisely leveled and crowned frets are the very foundation of a great sounding guitar. Worn, grooved, flattened frets will rob you of tone, volume, while doing a number on intonation. Our professional grade crowning file was created with file masters in the heart of Europe to fix these issues. Made from high carbon European tool steel with razor-sharp teeth to deliver a clean, ready-to-be-polished cut every time.
- Designed For Most Guitars – This dual-sided fret crowning file is the ideal size and shape for acoustic and vintage electric guitars (MD or LG side), as well as modern electric guitars, or those with jumbo and super jumbo frets (LG or XL side), up to about 110”-112” wide maximum (aka Dunlop 6100). For huge monster frets, we have a “Mega” version of the Dagger 2.0 file coming soon. Use with FretGuru’s Precision Fret Leveling Beam for best performance.
- For Professional Luthiers, Guitar Techs, Hobbyists and Beginners – The Dagger file is precise, advanced and durable enough to satisfy the most demanding professional luthier, yet so comfortable, easy and intuitive to use that even a first-time beginner can get superb results. Regular fret crowning, repair, maintenance and polishing has never been more comfortable, fast and easy
Additional Info :
3. Baroque Diamond Guitar Fret Crowning Dressing File Narrow/Medium/Wide 3 Edges Guitar Repairing & Luthier Tools(Improved 3rd Generation)
- This is the 3rd generation Baroque fret crowning file that upgrade with deeper grooves and finer grits.
- Made by high quality carbon steel&coating with diamond grits. Concave in center design makes it very efficient&time saving for crowning the fret.
- 3 in 1 size:The file has 3 different sizes grooves.The small slot is use for Ukulele fret.Medium slot is use for normal Guitar/Bass fret which for most regular use.Large slot is use for Jumbo frets.
- Wood handle for convenient and comfortable use.Packed with individual Nylon Oxford Bag,very portable.
Additional Info :
4. 1Pcs Yootones Guitar Fret Dressing Crowning File with Rubber Handle, Fret Repairing & Luthier Tools Compatible with Guitars Ukuleles Bass Banjo Mandolin
- Guitar fret dressing crowning file is compatible with guitar frets, also can be used for bass,ukulele and so on.
- Fret file crowning tool has durable stainless steel and a layer of rubber wrapped on the end for comforable grip.
- 3 edges of different sizes the crowning file is equiped with narrow, medium and wide groove, fits most fret specification, 3 corner file, very convenient to use.
- Concave file in center; Safe edge prevents damage to fingerboard.
- This dressing file is a very handy tool to make your fretwork more effective and time-saving effort, a great addition to your guitar maintainence kit.
5. Guitar Luthier Tool Set Including Guitar Fret Crowning File, Fret Leveling Beam Sanding Leveler Beam, Fret Rocker, Fingerboard Guards, String Spreaders and Replacement Sanding Papers for Guitar Bass
- Guitar Tool kit Includes: 1PCS guitar fret crowning luthier file, 1PCS guitar fret leveling beam, 1PCS guitar fret rocker, 2PCS guitar string spreaders, 2PCS guitar fingerboard guard protectors, 8PCS/2Set replacement sanding papers, and 1PCS portable storage bag.
- Guitar Fret Leveling Beam: made of aluminum alloy material, strong, rust-proof and fine workmanship. There are different sandpapers (400, 600, 1000, 1200 grit) on four sides of fret leveling beam, which can meet your different polishing needs.
- Guitar Fret Crowning Luthier File: made of stainless steel, with comfortable ergonomic rubber handle for saving time and effort. There are same filing size on both 2 edges of fret crowning file, applies to narrow fret crowning after leveling.
- Guitar String Spreaders: help you work on the fretboard or frets without removing the strings, making the set up, repair and cleaning project more convenient and high effective.
- Guitar Fret Rocker: the stainless steel guitar fret rocker has 4-in-1 accurate flat and straight edges, which can help you to detect discrepancy existing in frets height. Perfect for locating the uneven fret and finding the source of fret buzz.
Additional Info :
|Color||Guitar Repair Tool Kit|
6. Jiayouy Diamond Guitar Fret Crowning Tool Fret File Dressing with Narrow/Medium/Wide 3 Edges Guitar Repairing & Luthier Tools – Black Handle
- FUNCTION: The guitar fret file is used for polishing and repairing the frets of the guitar.
- MATERIAL: High quality solid steel and Rubber handle material, anti-rust sturdy and durable.
- 3 IN 1 SIZE: The narrow slot is use for Ukulele fret; Medium slot is use for Guitar/Bass banjo, mandolin. Wide slot is use for Jumbo frets.
- SIZE: Approx 195mm/7.6″ in total length. The metal part approx is 110mm/4.1 inches and width is 10mm/0.39 inches; handle length is 90mm/3.5 inch.
- APPLICATIONS: A perfect tool for the repair and maintenance of guitar and other musical instrument. It is an ideal accessory for a luthier or guitarist.
7. 4th Generation Upgrated Baroque Guitar Fret Crowning File with 3 Crowning Grooves and 1 Full Grit Side & Luthier Leveling Dressing Tool Suitable for Electric Acoustic Guitar,Ukulele,Bass,Banjo etc
- This product is the latest generation of the fret-top file. It has been optimized in terms of shape, function, material, and user experience
- Four gauges slot are provided in 1mm,2mm,3mm,4mm. The 1mm slot works for extra narrow frets, likes ukuleles; The 2mm slot works for all standard guitars, bass, banjo, mandolin, cigar box guitars; The 3mm,4mm slot works for jumbo frets. That means it’ll work on most stringed instruments
- The new square handle is more suitable for human hand gripping. It fits more and won’t slip. It is easier to apply pressure
- The innovative square file design can be not only used to level the top of frets, but it can also be used to file some sharp fret ends
- High strength emery electroplating process brings a longer service life, sharper filing, and higher working efficiency
Additional Info :
8. FarBoat Guitar Fret Crowning File Tool Dressing File Narrow/Medium/Wide 3 Edges Fret Repairing Tools Luthier Tools(Blue)
- FarBoat Guitar Fret Crowning File with Blue Rubber Handle.
- Material: Metal, Rubber. Solid, rustproof, sturdy and durable.
- 3 Sizes of Edges: Equiped with narrow/medium/wide groove, convenient to use, cater to your varieties of requirements.
- Easy to Grip: With a layer of rubber on the end, anti-slip and comfortable to grip.
- [FarBoat Service Team] If you meet any quality issues about our product, please feel free to tell us your situation and we will try our best to help you, message will usually be replied within 48 hours.
Additional Info :
9. Baroque Guitar Fret Crowning Dressing File Narrow/Medium/Wide 3 Edges Size Improved 3rd Generation Guitar Repairing & Luthier Tools for Guitars,Ukulele,Bass,Banjo,Mandolin etc EFF-10
- This is the 3rd generation Baroque fret crowning file that upgrade with more suited grooves and finer grits.
- High quality carbon steel body, and coating with diamond grits on 3 grooves. makes it very efficient & time saving for dressing the fret.
- The file has 3 different sizes grooves.The small slot is use for Ukulele fret.Medium slot is use for normal Guitar/Bass fret which for most regular use.Large slot is use for Jumbo frets.
- Sapele wood handle for durable and comfortable use.Packed with individual Nylon Oxford Bag,very portable.
- Use with baroque fret erasers makes the frets very very smooth.
10. Patioer Guitar Luthier Tool kit with 8″ Guitar Fret Leveling Beam, Fret Crowning Luthier File, String Action Ruler Gauge, 9 Understring Radius Gauge, Screwdriver, Fingerboard Guard and Sandpaper
- ❤ Value Guitar Luthier Tool Kit: Including 1pc guitar fret crowning luthier file, 1pc guitar fret leveling beam,9pcs guitar string radius gauge,1pc guitar string action ruler gauge, 2pcs guitar fingerboard guard protectors,4pcs replacement sanding papers,1pcs two-way screwdriver, and 1pc velvet storage bag. It’s a great tools kit to help complete regular repair and maintainence work of your guitar.
- ❤ Guitar Fret File: Made of stain steel, ergonomic rubber handle for comfortable grip. It has same filing size on both 2 edges, applies to narrow fret crowning after leveling.
- ❤ Guitar Fret Leveling Beam: Made of aluminum alloy material, with self-adhesive sandpaper strip on four sides 400/600/1000/1200Grit, to meet different polishing needs. A set of 4 sandpapers included for your replacement.
- ❤ 9 Guitar Radius Gauge: Stainless steel material, including 7.25″, 9.5″, 10″, 12″, 14″, 15″, 16″, 17″ and 20″ radius, can accurately measure fret board radius, saddle radius nut radius from either the top or the bottom radius surface.
- ❤ String Action Ruler: Double sided, marked metric and imperial, accurate and clear to measure string height, bridge saddle height, saddle slot depth, fret slot depth and nut height.
Best Recommendations and Buying Guide for your fret crowning tool
Before you venture out to purchase your preferred fret crowning tool, take into consideration some factors. These factors will ultimately help you decide which fret crowning tool is the right fit for your requirements.
Use the internet to do your research about all the available fret crowning tools in the market. This is helpful for both online and retail/ in-person purchases. If you are buying from an online marketplace, try to ascertain the most trustworthy online store. Usually, the online shops that have the highest following of masses are the best ones.
These shops not only provide reliable products but also give the buyers a lot of diversified products to choose from. Search for the different types of fret crowning tool available in the online store and find ones to choose from.
Read the reviews of people on the online pages to understand the detailed and nuanced pros and cons that entail this particular fret crowning tool. You can also understand through other people’s reviews whether a particular fret crowning tool fits your needs.
Assessing products online before buying the desired products from retail shops is also a very common phenomenon.
While doing the crucial research on the fret crowning tools available in the market, you might ask yourself a few questions that will help you reach your decision:
- Are fret crowning tools worth buying?
- What are the various pros and cons that come with purchasing fret crowning tool?
- In order to buy the most efficient fret crowning tool at the optimum price, what are some of the things you might have to think about?
- What are some of the fret crowning tool brands which are available in today’s market? What is coming in the future?
- Is enough information on what you want accessible?
- Why should I own a or many fret crowning tools, even if the quality might not be sharpest?
Other Advantages of Buying fret crowning tool from Online Marketplaces
Apart from some of the advantages stated before, there are certain other advantages that can be attributed to online stores:
There are a lot of promotional prices and discounts on online stores. In fact, there are more promos on online shops than there are in retail shops. As these stores work simultaneously with multiple dealers at a time, a customer is able to avail a certain product at the best possible price.
Online marketplaces have evolved a lot since the inception of the millennium. They have become a huge source of cash flow for a lot of important people in the world.
This seismic growth of the industry is down to the reliability and trustworthiness codes that online markets follow. As a result, consumers can almost guarantee that they will get the right products at the right time and price.
There is rigidity in the items that can be sold in online shops. There is a lot of diversity and nuanced markets that help consumers find what they are looking for.
Sometimes, one might even come across something that they did not know about beforehand. The availability of alternative products is focal in ensuring the dominance of online stores.
How to Make Sure You Choose the Right fret crowning tool
If you are an early or new user, it might be difficult for you to find the proper fret crowning tool. You might be unaware of certain facets of the fret crowning tool that you might have been thinking about. But we are here to help you out with that! The recommendations below might be helpful in your chase:
Everyone has a budget, and they want to make purchases that fit their respective budgets. To make sure you get the best deal, surf as many markets as possible to know about the difference in prices.
This will help you get an overall idea of the status of the market. Fix your price range in accordance with your knowledge.
In the fret crowning tool industry, brand loyalty is very high. So consumers usually choose the brand that they have been longest associated with. Popular brands guarantee reliability.
Otherwise, the masses would not have purchased products from popular brands. Different brands have different attributes. Choose a brand whose traits you are most comfortable with.
Different brands have different visual characteristics. This also causes people to choose different products.
If you are a novice user, try consulting with active users of fret crowning tool. They will be able to give you practical knowledge that they have gained through usage. Sometimes you can elicit information from people that you cannot find in mainstream media – it can either be good or bad information about the product.
User reviews often become very pivotal in making people decide which brand of fret crowning tool they ought to buy. They might end up having the final say in the purchase decision.
It is imperative that before buying, you can understand the functionality of your fret crowning tool. Granted that a lot of knowledge about the product is learned through usage and experience. As there are different types, try to choose the one that parallels your requirements the most.
In The End
We can only tell you so much about buying your new best fret crowning tool. But we are confident that if you follow the recommendations that we have given here, you will find something that caters to your needs the best.
Best of luck with your new purchase!